Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The best gift...

I was blessed to welcome another child into my life, my son Kai was born the day before Thanksgiving. All throughout my pregnancy we said I was having a "Turkey" because he was due Nov 22, well his Turkey popper never popped and the "oven" was tired!
I had been having "false" labor for weeks and had been up to L&D about 4 times already with contraction 4-5min apart! They just were not dilating me! I couldn't sleep, I was very large and in pain...for weeks! Well, I went in for my 40 week appointment at my wits end because they don't induce till 41. I was just praying I was 4cm and they would just admit me...but I wasn't quite there yet, so I lost it, yes I started crying...and I never cry! Thank God I had a great Dr, whom I had never seen before...because as I was apologizing for loosing it, he took my hand and said, "It's o.k. I'm here for you." Wow! Did he just say that? Yes and he offered to strip my membrane (which I had never heard of but wish I new about sooner!) That was all I needed...Dr told me to go walk, go eat and then come back in a few hrs and tell L&D they were consistent and strong...wink,wink... ( which they were anyway) but they were getting MORE consistent and strong:) so I wasn't stretching the truth at all! And I was 4cm when they checked me again so yeah I was staying! My hubby called my BF Missy who was present at Keao's birth so she could be with us for Kai too. Let me tell you without both of them I don't know what I would of done! They kept me focused and calm, especally after Kai was born. He had his cord wraped around his neck so tight they had to cut it off of him! I only saw him for a quick sec as they were wisking him over to the warmer to suck his airway, he was so cute and dark! Now at this point I didn't understand how serious everything was, it took a while for him to start crying and I had asked if he was ok, and yes he was fine but they wanted to bring him to the NICU to suck his airway more. But first they let me hold him...and they didn't bring me a dark baby they brought me a pink one! At that moment I relised he was purple at first sight not dark like my hubby...so I lost it...
He was amazing! Mark went with him to the NICU and Missy stayed with me. That was the longest hour of my life, but he was back in my arms and total fine!


There is the Big Sister herself...so proud and excited about her little brother!


We took him home on Thanksgiving...my little turkey...

No comments: